Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Hatebreed Has A New Song Posted Online


On the Roadrunner website, you can find a streaming song titled “Defeatest” from Hatebreeds new album “Supremacy”. I must say, I like the song a lot, it really has a lot of quick flowing energy, making it of course a good opening track. One thing I’m wondering though, does Jamie Jastas voice sound a little tired? On Hatebreeds previous albums, I recall his voice sounding more powerful.

For those of you unfamiliar with Hatebreed, I’d call them a modern interpretation of hardcore, mean riff oriented guitars rather than chords running up and down the neck, a lot more double bass in the drums, heavier guitars, rougher vocals, and the inclusion of “chugging” style breakdowns. The overall feel is much more metallic than old-school hardcore.

As a trivia note, Hatebreed are big fans of death metal, even taking death metal bands on tour with them (such as Hate Eternal). In their last video (I believe it was “To The Threshold”) Jamie Jasta is sporting a Suffocation long-sleeve.

I’d like to see Hatebreed do a tour with Hate Eternal, Hatesphere and Hate.

You can hear the new song here.

Hatebreed
Hatebreed At Roadrunner Records

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home