Sunday, June 25, 2006

Lamb Of God: A Prelude To Selling Out?


Not long ago a song from the upcoming Lamb Of God album titled “Redneck” was posted online. Randy is actually singing, and the music sounds a lot closer to Pantera. At least to my ears anyway.

I’ve read a few interviews, I remember one interview where I believe it was Randy who said that Lamb Of God would never sing, this song seems to be going against that promise. Other interview have made me a little suspicious that they might sell out. Chris Adler said that Lamb Of God choose “Laid To Rest” as their single because it wasn’t fast or complicated. And now in even newer interviews, the band was talking about making more breathing room for the vocals, and using a more verse/chorus format.

I’ve typically found that more popular music focuses on the vocals more than anything else, and often makes getting to the chorus the focal point of the song. While I don’t mind the regular verse/chorus arrangement, I always thought that Lamb Of God was good at crafting songs using more creative arrangements. It’s still an area that could be explored more.

I’ll certainly try and dig up those interviews, meanwhile, you can hear the song “Redneck” here www.sacrament2006.com

Lamb Of God

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home