Sunday, July 30, 2006

Suidakra Info On Upcoming Album Titled “Caledonia”


Looking back on this past week here at Nile River, we’ve had quite a lot of info about death metal bands in general, so Suidakra provides us with something very different which I don’t think has graced these pages. If you go Encyclopaedia Metallium, the description for Suiakra describes them as “melodic black/death metal with folk and medieval influences”, which I would say is a pretty good description of their sound.

Suidakra has a new album coming out from Armageddon Music titled “Caledonia”. Many Suidakra fans are looking forward to this release, as I heard quite a few negative reviews about their previous album “Command To Charge”. I haven’t heard “Command To Charge” myself, so I personally can’t comment.

The artwork featured in this article is of course for the new album, and was done by Kris Verwimp. Currently “Caledonia” is in the mixing process and has an expected release date of October.

Apparently “Caledonia” is supposed to have it’s lyrical content based around ancient Scottish history, with song titles like '”Highland Hills”, “Forth-Clyde” and “The IXth Legion”, which sounds very interesting.

I’ve had a bit of a hard time getting my hands on Suidakra’s albums, but if you’ve been following some of the newer trends in European metal, you’ll see that stirring in the underground are a few folk influenced and viking influenced metal bands, such as Ensiferum and Amon Amarth. I can easily give Suidakra, Ensiferum and Amon Amarth recommendation for people looking for a different kind a metal.

Suidakra
Suidakra News At blabbermouth.net
Armageddon Music

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home