Sunday, October 15, 2006

Checkout Counter: The Faceless


Looking though the regular music news sites I got through, I noticed a band called The Faceless landing on some good tours. I hadn’t heard of the band before, so I looked them up at the Encylopeadia Metallum.

I was blown away by what I heard when I went to their MySpace page. The base of their sound starts with chaotic death metal, and somehow they manage to blend so many other things in seamlessly. A wide range of vocals, keyboards used in creative ways, a hinting of Gothenburg, the odd breakdown, and even a hinting of Dillinger Escape Plan? All this together sounds like it should be a disjointed mess, yet somehow they make cohesive compelling music.

The Faceless
The Faceless At MySpace
The Faceless At Sumerian Records

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home