Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Byzantine Prepares New Album


There was a point in time when I was re-familiarizing myself with the world of underground metal, and spreading my horizons beyond thrash, Lamb Of God and Killswitch Engage. I was becoming with a record label called Prosthetic who had only 8 bands on their roster, one of those bands was preparing their first album to be released. That band was Byzantine.

“The Fundamental Component” was a strange album, partially influenced by Meshuggah and southern metal, with enough originality to put themselves ahead of many other bands. Later in 2004 I would see Byzantine at the New England Metal And Hardcore Fest, and they provided an entertaining show. I didn’t end up getting their second full-length “...And They Shall Take Up Serpents”, so I’m not able to comment on it.

Right now Byzantine is reportedly working on a new full length due in 2007, with 11 songs ready to go.

Byzantine
Byzantine At MySpace
Byzantine At Prosthetic Records

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home