Friday, June 29, 2007

Technology Failing Me In Interviews

I think I'm going to need to buy some very expensive digital recorders... On Wednesday at the show with The Red Chord, Through The Eyes Of The Dead, Despised Icon, All Shall Perish and See You Next Tuesday, I did the best, funniest interview of my life with Gunface and Greg Weeks, then, I found out later that only 20 seconds were recorded due to the recorder being filled up. It really sucks, because I was talking with both Gunface and Greg about how it was such a good interview, and they were telling me stories of their bad interviews. I want to slam my hand in a door or something...

I've also had lots of bad luck getting anything recorded with Nate Johnson. I had heard that he was a really cool guy, which was why he had gotten into so many bands, and done guest vocals for so many artists, but I had no idea how cool the guy really was in person, or how he can remember every detail of every band and every tour he's been on.

At this blog, I made a post about Nate Johnson, all the bands he's played with, and talked about sending him an e-mail. Nate actually remembered the details e-mail I sent him (which was maybe 3 months ago?), but there must've been some problems with replying, because I never got it. I tried interviewing him at the show, but I only got a few questions in before the two digital recorders I had failed on me. Hopefully I'll be able to finish that interview via e-mail.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home