Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Underground Gem: Suffocation - “Effigy Of The Forgotten” (1991)

Ah yes, the first full length ever put out by Suffocation back in 1991. Awhile ago I tried ordering “Effigy Of The Forgotten” and “Pierced From Within” at the same time, but the CD store I was ordering from made a mistake and didn’t see the extended title “Effigy Of The Forgotten/Pierced From Within” which was a dual disc set offered by Roadrunner as a “2 from the vault” set.

Not long after I got “Pierced From Within” an album which many consider to be Suffocation’s best and a death metal classic. After that, I got the “2 from the vault” set and I was a little unhappy since I could’ve just gotten that set and not “Pierced From Within” all by itself. Since I accumulated all the Suffocation full-lengths and EPs after a period of time after getting that CD set I started thinking it would be cool to have the real thing and get rid of that 2 CD set.

It wasn’t as easy as I thought, because most of my methods to obtain CDs (the local CD store and my typical online stores didn’t have it either) so I had to order a used copy. Thankfully it hasn’t seen much action, and the CD itself is in great condition, although the insert has been used a bit..

Now that it’s in my possession, I can finally find out who wrote the lyrics and songs as well as who did which guitar solos.

Suffocation
Suffocation At MySpace
Suffocation At Relapse Records

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home