Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Mastodon Will Put New Music Out Online On Friday


I’m hoping it’ll be an mp3 instead of streaming or some other funny business. Anyways, I’m curious to hear how their new major label effort will turn out. Most bands playing more underground styles of music haven’t fared so well lately, typically releasing one album before getting dropped, such as Poison The Well splitting with Atlantic.

In case you didn’t get to read it before, I provided what I thought of the new song by Lamb Of God on their second album on a major label. You can read about it here.

As far as my personal opinion goes, I think Mastodon is a great band. I loved “Remission”, and I thought “Leviathan” was a decent album. Scott Kelly of Neurosis did some guest vocals on “Leviathan”, and he’s going to do some guest vocals on the brand new album “Blood Mountain”. Neurosis is also a recommended band, who pretty much started their own genre. Are they ever going to tour again? Considering how much action gets generated by Neurosis, perhaps a tour with Tool is in order.

Mastodon
theprp.com
Blabbermouth.net
Mastodon News at Blabbermouth.net
Relapse Records
Mastodon at Relapse Records
Mastodon at BNR Metal
Mastodon at Encylopeadia Metallum

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home