Friday, March 09, 2007

Band Feature: Fjord

The PRP compared Fjord’s caustic biting sound to Converge, Coalesce and Botch, while Lambgoat said that Fjord is a direct sound alike to Botch. Having heard lots about Botch and their underground influence, I have yet to actually hear them (perhaps I haven’t dug hard enough on the internet?). After hearing the mp3s on their MySpace page, I can see where the Converge and Coalesce comparisons come from, Fjord would certainly fit in with those bands (although I don’t see direct comparisons in sound).

Fjord features former members of Winter Solstice, Healer, The Takeover, To The Grave, Von Doom, and My Synopsis, although I’m not sure how much of that name-dropping will mean to readers who are unfamiliar with those bands.

Fjord released their debut about “Lives Lives” on January 23 through Eulogy.

Fjord At MySpace
Fjord At Eulogy
Review Of “Lives Lives” At The PRP
Review Of “Lives Lives” At Lambgoat
Fjord’s Album “Lives Lives” At Amazon

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home