Thursday, March 08, 2007

Band Feature: Minsk

I think the term “metalgaze” is starting to catch on for the genre started by Neurosis, and pioneered by Isis and Cult Of Luna (if we get used to using the term “metalgaze”m then people won’t need to name drop those 3 bands all the time).

I’ve always thought that Neurosis, Isis and Cult Of Luna had very unique sounds in comparison to one another. They do a lot of things in similar ways, long slow songs, hardcore vocals, keyboards and electronics added, with some of the instrumentation being based on simplicity. Yet while Neurosis, Isis and Cult Of Luna have all the same factors, they sound very different from one another. There have been some other bands coming out of the same mould, but with every band that comes out playing metalgaze, you start to get bands that get closer and closer to sounding like their peers.

Minsk is a band that arguably comes closest to sounding like Neurosis than any other metalgaze band I can think of. It’s a double edged sword of sorts, as their latest album “The Ritual Fires Of Abandonment” has gotten a lot of good reviews, suggesting that the band is good at executing what they do. The flip side is that there’s already Neurosis, and we are getting a lot more bands in the world of metalgaze. Still, the genre hasn’t seem a lot of bands, and there are bands attempting to bring their own variant to the table, letting Minsk get away with pulling of their Neurosis influenced parts so well.

Minsk released their latest album “The Ritual Fires Of Abandonment” through Relapse of February 20.

Minsk
Minsk At MySpace
Minsk At Relapse
Review Of “The Ritual Fires Of Abandonment” At MetalReview
Review Of “The Ritual Fires Of Abandonment” At Blabbermouth
Minsk At The Metal-Archives
Minsk At Doom-Metal
Minsk Albums At Amazon

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you know cabal online alz? I like it.
My brother often go to the internet bar to buy cabal alz and play it.
After school, He likes playing games using these cabal gold with his friend.
I do not like to play it. Because I think that it not only costs much money but also spend much time. One day, he give me many cabal money and play the game with me.
I came to the bar following him and found buy cabal alz was so cheap. After that, I also go to play game with him.

Do you know dofus kamas? I like it.
My brother often go to the internet bar to buy kamas and play it.
After school, He likes playing games using these cheap kamas with his friend.
I do not like to play it. Because I think that it not only costs much money but also spend much time. One day, he give me many dofus gold and play the game with me.
I came to the bar following him and found buy dofus kamas was so cheap. After that, I also go to play game with him.

2:50 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you heared about 9Dragons which you need use priston tale Gold to play, and you can also borrow priston tale Money from other players? But you can buy priston tale Gold, or you will lose the choice if you do not have cheap priston tale Gold. If you get it, you can continue this game.

Have you heared about 9Dragons which you need use 9Dragons gold to play, and you can also borrow 9 Dragons gold from other players? But you can buy 9 Dragons gold, or you will lose the choice if you do not have cheap 9Dragons gold. If you get 9Dragons money, you can continue this game.

5:50 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

flyff Server Servers Private Top 100

10:12 p.m.  
Anonymous Rihanna said...

I learned a lot of about blogs, and your is a great of piece of them. Thanks to share about this topic in this blog post.

Music in groups

9:49 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home